That sense of accomplishment…
You know that sense of accomplishment that comes when you find a great recipe, tweak it, and make it better? That’s why I love this recipe!
Growing up, we always made tacos with straight ground beef. I was pretty skeptical about the thought of adding anything else in the mix. Once we were married and I realized how much ground beef cost, I became a little more open to the idea…
So I gave beans and rice a try.
And now I’m hooked! (The penny-pincher in me is so pleased!) I can get canned beans and white rice for a song at Aldi’s or the Dollar Store, and I don’t feel nearly so bad about the price of ground beef when one pound gets me through three or four meals!
Our tacos nights are delicious, and I can usually get 2-3 more meals out of the leftovers. No complaints about that here! My new recipe is below; try it out and let me know what you think!
Taco Meat – New and Improved
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey – it’s cheaper!)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1-2 canned chili beans, according to preference
- 1 cup white rice
- Brown the ground beef, drain, and add water and taco seasoning according to the package directions.
- Boil water and make white rice according the package directions.
- Stir together ground beef, beans, and white rice and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, to let the flavors blend.
- Pull out your taco shells and favorite toppings, and enjoy!
NEED IDEAS FOR LEFTOVERS???
HERE ARE OUR FAVORITES…
Quesadillas – from Little Yellow House Adventures
Easy Sheet Pan Nachos – from Graceful Little Honey Bee
Layered Dorito Casserole – from Spend with Pennies
THIS RECIPE IS ONE OF MY 14 EASY MEAL SOLUTIONS!
Click here for meal ideas to make in 20 MINUTES OR LESS!