My husband always makes a point to thank me for a meal and say “good dinner” as we get up to do dishes. But there are some times when he’ll be three bites into supper, and he’ll say “Mmm, this is really good!” That’s when I know we’ve got a keeper. 🙂
This breakfast casserole was one of those recipes. A friend shared it with me, and since it was such a hit in our house, I’ll share it again here. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Raspberry French Toast Casserole
What You’ll Need…
– 6 bread slices, cubed
– 1/2 (4 oz.) package cream cheese
– 1/2 cup raspberries
– 5 eggs
– 1½ cups milk
– 3 Tablespoons sugar (optional)
– 2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
What To Do…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the bread cubes in a 9”x9” greased pan. Cut the cream cheese into small pieces and arrange on the pieces on top of the bread. Sprinkle with raspberries.
- Beat the eggs and milk together and pour over the bread.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the casserole for an extra shot of sweetness.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes; then remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Enjoy with pancake syrup immediately or refrigerate overnight for a quick breakfast.
Feel free to change the recipe up to fit your family’s tastes. I’ve heard that blueberries are really good in here, and I’m sure others would be yummy as well. Let me know what you try!
Breakfast Casseroles are new to me, but this one went over so well, I would love to try more. Any suggestions? What are your favorites?