Quesadillas are one of my favorite ways of using leftover taco meat! The idea is pretty basic – you need tortillas, taco meat, and your favorite taco toppings. We usually top them with cheese, salsa, and crushed Doritos, and I add fresh onions and green peppers when we have them. It becomes a great way to use up the leftovers in the fridge! These have become a family favorite at our house. And since I can have them ready to eat in 10 minutes, there are no complaints here! 🙂
Our version of the quesadilla is below. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Quesadillas (Makes 4)
What You’ll Need:
4 tortilla shells
~ 1-1½ cups leftover taco meat
~ ½ cup Mexican blend cheese
~ ½ cup salsa
Additional topping ideas: peppers, onions, sour cream, tortilla chips, rice… Basically anything that strikes your fancy!
What To Do:
- Set an electric griddle to medium heat and grease the surface.
- Place two tortillas on the hot griddle. Sprinkle a handful cheese down the middle of both tortillas.
- Add taco meat, salsa, additional cheese, and other toppings.
- Allow the quesadillas to heat on the electric griddle until the undersides of the tortillas are golden brown and slightly crispy. Then fold the sides of the tortilla shell over the toppings to form a burrito shape.
- Keep these quesadillas warm while you make the next two quesadillas and ready to serve!
Any other ideas for quesadillas out there? Leave them in the comments below. I’d love to hear about them! 🙂