Little Yellow House Adventures
Hello! I’m Erin, and I am so glad you are here! My goal here at Little Yellow House Adventures is to share what I’ve been learning as wife, mommy, and homemaker.
Some Fun Facts About Me…
- I am a Christian, a born again child of God. Jesus Christ died on the cross in my place, to pay the penalty for my sin, and because I’ve accepted His payment on my behalf, He has promised me eternal life! Now my goal and passion in life is to live worthy of this amazing calling to which I have been called.
- I am a Minnesota girl at heart. That means I say “oh ya” with the best of them. 🙂
- I also say words like “bag” with a long A sound. Bag, bagel, agriculture. I’m told that’s also a Minnesota thing.
- I like strawberries, chocolate, and ice cream. Yum!
- When I’m not cooking dinner or doing laundry (or blogging!), I love playing piano, reading books, and spending time with the people that I love. 🙂
- Craftsy things are a hobby too – knitting, crochet, quilting, cross-stitch… Anything to keep my hands busy!
- I tend to over-do the smiley face thing. I like to think that says something about me. When I post things, I have to go back through and delete half of my smileys so my readers aren’t overwhelmed. 🙂
- I love expensive words, words that are big and powerful and expressive. You’ll forgive me if I slip them in every once in a while?
- I graduated with a degree in elementary education, and I’ve got a passion for teaching! I can’t wait for the day when our little boy is old enough start formal homeschooling. I’ve got visions of drawing a life-size whale with chalk in our church parking lot…
- I like math. Numbers, dates, sudoku, and sumoku (go look it up!) are right up my alley. I get to do the budgeting in our house. 🙂
- I’m an introvert. That means I love people, but I need to get away every once in a while to recharge. Think quiet house, hot chocolate, and good book!
- I like yellow. And purple. And blue and red and pink…
- I love being warm. Spring is my favorite season, partly because it means warm is coming, and summer is a close second because warm is here! 🙂
- I am a perfectionist. I love to have my ducks in a row, and I really struggle with the desire to have other people think I have it all put together. So here’s my disclaimer: I don’t have it all put together!
- With Number 14 in mind, I’ll end with Paul’s words from 1 Corinthians 15:10. “But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain.” Amen and amen!
The Story Behind Our Little Yellow House
People laugh and tell us we’re on the fast track for life when we tell them our story. That’s okay by me! My husband and I met in college, and we graduated together in May 2015. Our Little House Adventure started that August when we got married and took up residence as pastor and pastor’s wife in Smalltown, Iowa. We moved into our Little Yellow House that September, and we had our first baby the next July.
I now have the privilege of being a pastor’s wife and a full-time stay-at-home mommy, and I thank God every day for these blessings!
Here’s a picture of my wonderful husband and I…
And here’s a picture of our precious little boy… (Isn’t he adorable!)
And here’s a picture of our Little Yellow House!
What You’ll Find Here at Little Yellow House Adventures…
This blog chronicles my adventures as wife, mommy, and homemaker here in our Little Yellow House. I have learned so much in the last two years, and I look forward to learning so much more. My hope is that I can encourage other women as they tackle these roles as well, not because I’ve got it all figured out, but because I’m learning just like you!
I post a lot about our favorite recipes (and some failed attempts) as I try new ways to combine the yummy, the healthy, and the frugal in the kitchen. You’ll hear about our adventures as Mommy tries to pinch a penny, shop groceries, clean house, and maintain sanity with a baby in tow. And, every once in a while, you’ll read about the things that God is teaching me through this crazy, wonderful thing called life.
Let me share my adventures with you!
Are you interested in more from Little Yellow House Adventures? Don’t miss my weekly emails! I send extra tidbits about life and encouraging thoughts from God’s Word straight to your inbox. Sign up today and receive my free 15 Strategies for Smart Grocery Shopping!